A missed period can be a big clue that you are pregnant, but this might also happen if you are stressed, overexercising, or have thyroid problems.
Early signs of pregnancy include:
- sickness and/or feelings of nausea
- a 'metallic' taste in your mouth
- sensitive, tender breasts
- a need to urinate more often
- going off certain foods and smells, such as coffee, fatty foods and perfume
- spotting, which is very light bleeding, often mistaken for a period.
Remember that some of the early signs of pregnancy might be subtle and you need to do a home pregnancy test before you see your doctor to make sure.